Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Writing

 Book II 

Simmy's phone rang and she put aside her laptop and answered.

"Hey, this is Sam. Would you help me out on this self- defense paper I'm working on? You were hit by your husband and I think you can, maybe, help by your experience."

"Yes, absolutely. Start with a definition that is simple and direct. Write this down. "Self- defense or self- defence in Commonwealth English is a countermeasure that involves defending the health and well- being of oneself from harm."

"Got it. So, in your instance, were you able to defend yourself from harm?" Sam hesitated, trying to recall how the situation had transpired.

"Not completely but my countermeasure, a common kitchen cooking pot was a very effective shield."

"Ahh, yes. That was good thinking on your part. The least harmful is always the best. I'll call again if I need a little more information," Sam tipped his chair back and put his legs up on the desk. "It's afternoon coffee time. Take a break. You've always been too hard on yourself. You can't take responsibility for the initial attack. That was unprovoked. You were just defending yourself." 

                                                            .    .    . 


P.S. Still waiting for my bicycle, which is still at 225, in Dauphin... Make sure nobody is using it! I bought that in 2019... I still like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment