It's raining today. I really need my navy blue with white polka dots umbrella, in the gazebo, or my 'Gap' umbrella (mini plaid in burgundy),... that handle isn't as nice as my polka dot one.
Here's a little book I purchased quite a number of years ago. I think the saying goes...As a man thinketh, so is he...
This can also be said... as a person thinketh, so is he/ she.
So, this is on my bookshelf or in my wooden crate, waiting to be moved to me, in Winnipeg.
You could actually test this statement by your actions.
So, I don't know anyone who steals so it is very safe, for me, to speak about stealing because I can't specifically name anyone who has stolen from me, yet.
The steps to fixing something, like stealing... are...
Admit you stole something
Go retrieve it from wherever it is
Bring it back to the person it belongs to
Now, if you steal something, and you follow the three previous steps, you will, forsuredly, know that you are trying to 'think' the right way so you never do this again.
All of life works this way.
Let me give you an example from my own life.
Date: April 1, 1993
Place: Winnipeg
Purchase: Table and 6 chairs
This is a purchase I made. I have photos of my 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16... all the way to 30 year old sons, sitting at my table, at 90 Forest Cove Drive, holding cake, daily meals, that I, their mom, made for them.
Now, let's say, I move to a place where I am married to a new individual... I still own my same table and 6 chairs... 29- 33 years later.
The value, to me, is the memory quotient I created, with my family, the children I gave life to, and raised to adulthood.
Ask the question... do I own my table and chairs? Of course, I do.
So, if the craziest thing in the world happened and somebody tried to steal this old table and chairs... would they be charged with theft at the price of the original purchase or would they be charged with theft at the 'replacement value' of the original purchase?
Would the crime of theft be a hate crime or random?
I am working on an essay... How to legally prove hatred and the crimes that follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment