Sunday, September 13, 2026

Surplus

 I got just a tiny bit excited when I saw an ad for a company that I have hauled quite a bit of furniture out of in the last four years.

So, Friday, I purchased a double mattress. I am intending for it to sit atop an old antique bed frame that I purchased at a garage sale on Hawthorne. I also purchased an old antique bed frame at a 'cottage country' garage sale last summer or the summer before. That one is an exact replica of one I purchased, circa 1986.

The sofa, sectional, grey chair with wood leg repair, and leather chair with turned leg were all hauled to Dauphin in my truck. I am so grateful I had a truck at that time. I had very strong opinions about the styles and chose all of them to my great enjoyment. Although I love the button- tufted sofa for all the sleeping comfort it provided for me in the last three years, I am thinking the sectional, although not my favourite colour, would work best for me because of carrying weight and moving into a small space. I am also very grateful that my chair, which was amicably moved from current address, by my husband and a pastor, to the church I attended, is being safely stored for me until I can find someone to help me with getting those pieces to where I currently live. I hope my current vehicle can make that long drive without mechanical problems.

The first pieces were purchased in 2023 and the next in 2024.

Now I have applied to work at this place. I really hope this works out well. I could use some surplus.

The think I would have enjoyed working at the decorating place I applied at, in person, in the out of town location. I purchased some vinyl plank flooring for the bathroom renovation, at that store, and then installed it. I find the glues somewhat toxic but the brand new subfloor made the installation very smooth. 

The cleaning business, in the same town, I also applied at, three times, in person, but I was not nearly as excited about that position and each time, I was told, they didn't have any openings. 

Then I applied at the store where the tub, vanity, and kitchen taps were purchased but they didn't have an opening either. It sure was fun, for me, getting those projects completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment