Dear Elfrieda,
My dear friend suffered a very bad incident. Her husband yelled at her for closing a window, which is no crime anyone's world, but the husband has some very strange hang- ups. He had just turned off her air conditioner and opened all the windows in their house. She had been awakened by this. It was just after midnight. After going to the bathroom, (old people do this a lot), she re- entered the bedroom assuring him that she had not closed the windows he had just opened. Maybe he didn't hear her correctly because he leapt out of bed, put his face a few inches from hers and said, "I'm going to punch you in the face." She pulled back and his fist glanced across her left chest and shoulder and with that move, she avoided the worst of his attack. She screamed, "You hit me," so many times, with those open windows, and he was trying to shush her. Then she defended herself. Do you think she should be arrested for this or should they both be arrested for this? Or... should they be adults and 'stand down' and be Christians and admit to the facts as they happened?
I may have received some information incorrectly because she sent some pictures of her ankles with leg iron rubbing. She didn't send any pictures of his ankles.
How do I help?
Dear 'How do I help'?
Obviously, I think it is possible that you may have some of this information incorrect. A man who starts a fight, yelling at his wife, and then hits his wife, would be the one to blame in the situation you just wrote to me about. Maybe the husband lied about the situation? Is this possible? I know that, in Canada, self- defense is legal as long as a persons' actions are reasonable and necessary to protect oneself. If this situation happened in a domestic location, only the husband and wife know the facts.
I hope this helps
P.S. The topics I deal with are varied so feel free to address other issues as well,... financial, relationship building, living together in harmony, shared spaces in todays' world, etcetera.
No comments:
Post a Comment