Wednesday, October 7, 2026

"I'll stand by you"

 

Have you ever wondered what words a man has to say to get a woman to agree to marry him?

Well, this man said to this woman, (in the photo) "I'll stand by you." 

So, I like the lyrics, 'I'll stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you...' I've always liked those two lines of that song. It's by the Pretenders.

We were at Clear Lake. It was cold that day. You know that ice cream store everybody likes up there? We bought food from that place. I had a quesadilla, and Warren had french fries and a burger, I think.

We took my son and grandson up here, once, as well.

So, I need this man, whom I married, to send me house money, food, and all my stuff from 225. He has such a hard time understanding what 'I'll stand by you,' means.

I hope Warren is making sure no strangers come into 225 while I am away; I want all my life belongings to be safe.

You can't imagine how many clothes I purchased at Gloria Gayle's and Super Thrifty. Wow! Boots... I bought boots and sandals at Gloria Gayle's. I purchased little lace- up boots, there, for going to Handel's Messiah. 


So, most people wouldn't know that Elfrieda and Warren went to England together, (we each paid for our own holiday), right after they were married. This is the airplane wing coming in over London. 
P.S. Warren, don't forget to pack my London Christmas ornaments, that I purchased, when you pack all my glass collection from my 46 years of memories.



When we got to our bed and breakfast, we were trying to decide which 'sights' to go to. Warren got so excited when he saw that Herschel's museum was open. Warren loves to stare at the night sky. He knows so much about the planets. 

That's his favourite subject.
Mine is much more 'music.'
 
Friedrich Wilhelm Herschel, a German- British astronomer and composer, is credited with the discovery of Uranus.
My photo, above, is in the house (museum) where Herschel lived, in Bath.

P.S. My small collection of Elle jewelry, purchased at the local jewelry store, is in the basket by my side of the bed and in the bathroom. I really like what I bought so make sure it is safe. Mr. A. would have all my purchases recorded.
Oh, my lamp, in the bathroom, the heavy metal one, black and gold, make sure it gets on the moving truck to my storage unit, as well. 

On another note of safety- My winter tires, for my vehicle, are still in the garage. After the treacherous drive from Winnipeg back to Dauphin, December 27, 2024... all by myself... I am so happy to have those winter tires for the second year now... please get them to me before October 12, 2026. I certainly can't highway drive without those. 

I do know 'Riverbend' contacted yesterday to make sure all my belongings are at 225... my leather chair, at Grace, can be one extra stop. 
If you have a less costly way of transporting all my furniture and belongings... quilts, books, lamps, etcetera...
Maybe Eastside Bergen can be asked. I thought I saw him working at the Pawn shop but that would be something very recent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment