Friday, October 9, 2026

Elfrieda's suitcase

 



page 25 The Orchard Walk El Dueck

"... walked... with suitcases..."

I took this photo. The black, shiny 'Elle' suitcase belongs to Elfrieda... it is still, currently, at 225... I always had it ready and packed for any emergency.

I'm trying remember if my 700 UPC's, of my novel, are in that suitcase or if I put them in my briefcase, in my armoire. My bag also has a 'lawyers' collar box in it.

My old bag is a shiny, patent vinyl, cracked and used well, with a very stubborn zipper that is very heavy- duty but also almost impossible to use easily.

                                                                    .    .    .

So, this strange, over- priced apartment, where I have been forced to live since September is a very frightening place. I have requested a much less expensive option but nobody has reached out to me about this.

It is not possible to turn the heat off, completely, in this 'boiler' heat place... so, it is stiflingly hot almost every day and I can't imagine how terrible this will be in summer (where I do not plan to be),... without air conditioning.

I am, patiently, waiting for all my 'life belongings' from 225 5th Avenue, N.E., in Dauphin, Manitoba.

I was going to write about page 17... "'Nathan's Gate,'" but that is a reference to the Old Testament prophet Nathan who had a rather unpleasant task assigned to him, by God... and the reference, in my novel, refers to marriage counselling after the sin of adultery. If you don't know your Bible, you won't really understand my novel.

This is a 'new' bag I purchased to represent the scarves in 'The Red Dust Healers' novella... 











I wrote that before I wrote 'The Orchard Walk.' El Dueck (Elfrieda)

These old dark grey and light grey European cushion cover, (I still have three of them), are always in use... I have had them so many years but I never tire of them... I purchased them at Sears... maybe in 2012 or 2013.







That denim 'holes' blanket is still in my inventory.

This is a piece of fabric I have in my, approximately, $5,000 dollars (cost- not worth- I bargain shop) of fabric, at 225.
This is some of my fabric, before a 'finished product' made my Elfrieda, myself.


This is the finished product I have at 225, in Dauphin... I gifted myself with my own work after visiting this country and am using it wherever I live.
I made (sewed) this in 2016.
As I have stated, many, many times, my novel project is at least a 16 year project and is still alive and well.


My denim jacket is in my bedroom closet, at 225... I have had this little jacket for 20 years... I remember wearing it to Cross Church when I first attended there.
This is a 4- page card I created for a specific person.





This is a photo at 3 Donegal Bay... before Bruce died.
This is a photo of my Dad, in my photo boxes, at 225 5th Avenue, N.E., in Dauphin, Manitoba. There would, of course, be a huge lawsuit, if any of my photos or belongings have been stolen, or destroyed. Warren would know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment