So, I just checked to see which vehicle is in the driveway of my 225 5th Avenue, N.E., Dauphin, Manitoba, house. My blue Dodge Ram 1500 is still in that 'search' but, I can assure you, my truck was written off, by Autopac, two years ago.
The license plates, for my truck, were purchased at an Autopac outlet in Winnipeg... I still have both license plates in my big, heavy leather bag with my journals, at my 225 house. I chose a King James M, (any M book in the Bible) with 412. The reason I kept my license plates, after Autopac wrote off my truck, is because I am allowed to keep my license plates.
The day after we got back from Great Britain... this is us at the Jane Austen museum...
Warren and Elfrieda bought three pieces of furniture, at a discount store, on Notre Dame. My truck was our logistics vehicle that transported our furniture to our house at 225. That truck was my workhorse.
We stayed at the Canad Inn, at Polo Park and then went shopping in the morning... in Winnipeg...
This is what we purchased... one chocolate grey button- tufted sofa... Costco used to carry the set; one light grey upholstery chair- teak framed- it was damaged- if you're sitting in the chair, there is a large, wood splinter on the right ride which I tried to glue and sand a little after we got it home. My leather chair, a chair my husband didn't like but I simply said,... well, I am purchasing it for myself. I like it. One of the legs had been turned and it looked a little wonky, on the warehouse floor. When I got it home, I fixed it so it looks okay. That has been my chair, at the dinner table, since the day my truck brought it to my 225 home.Because we only purchased a few souvenir items, (a mug, socks, a toque, my Christmas ornaments)
while in England and Bath, we decided leather furniture would be my wedding present because I was not used to 'dogs in the house' and I really like a clean house. So, that was my wedding present... furniture I could keep clean.
One gazebo present was another piece of furniture... a 'Palliser discounted' leather sectional that had a been upholstered badly (also purchased at the same discount store, in Winnipeg) This might have been bought after my cataract surgery... the timeline is hard to recall precisely. My truck transported that gazebo sectional out to 225, in Dauphin, as well.
I kept my old dining set because it holds my memories since April 1, 1993.
The Christmas tree, in the photo, is Warren's. My Christmas tree, only purchased last Christmas, is the large Fraiche tree...
So, after begging Autopac to fix my truck... they wouldn't... I even asked if I could pay the extra $1500.00 that 'they said' was over the value of my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500... I was finally just agreed to the amount they were offering because I had been without a vehicle for almost two months already.
My paperwork, for my next 2014 vehicle purchase, from a local dealership, is safely stored in my belongings, at 225, where only Warren and Elfrieda are allowed to enter.
My winter tires are in the garage, at 225, so I really shouldn't do highway driving without those.
I wonder what my husband will be giving me today... I hope it's good!
No comments:
Post a Comment