Dear Elfrieda,
My friend had to defend herself when her husband attacked her, in their bedroom. She had awakened, before midnight, as her husband was shuffling around in bed. She got up to take a pee, like old people tend to do, at night. Her elbow knocked one of her perfume bottles off the Scott McGillivray vanity. (She likes to brag about her bathroom renovation so I had to mention that for her interior design job search.) Her husband yelled from the bedroom... "You didn't close the windows, did you?" No, I didn't close the window, she said in her I am so tired of your OCD problems voice. Then he said... I just opened all the windows and turned off your air conditioner. She was laying down, back in their bed, when he leapt out of his side and she quickly jumped up to avoid being attacked while laying down. She faced him at the end of the bed beside her armoire. He had tape over his mouth, length-wise, a new habit he was into, saying he needed to develop his sinuses. His snoring, with his mouth hanging open, had created a very bad problem with his loose throat. Then he growled at her saying, 'I'm going to punch you in the face.' She jumped back and his punch glanced off her chest and she started yelling, and yelling and yelling... 'You hit me, you hit me, you hit me.' She was hoping the neighbours would call the police on her behalf. He snickered, in a demented way, and she left the bedroom for the purposes of self- defense. When he didn't leave the bedroom, she went back to bed but he initiated a further attack which she then held up a frying pan and his overly long fingernail cut his forehead instead of being able to hit her again.
My question is... Shouldn't he have been arrested for attacking his wife?
I have also been told that he put a restraining order against his wife so he could steal all her belongings.
Concerned law abiding human rights society citizen
Dear 'Concerned law abiding human rights society citizen,'
I am sure you are contacting me because of my human rights novel... The Orchard Walk by El Dueck. I do deal with many day to day infractions of human rights in my novel but I certainly do not have any experience with a man who punches his wife.
Let me try to apply all the principles of 'right and wrong' from my very basic lifestyle of living on the right side of the law... which has always been my personal style.
I think where you have to start with any fight is... who started it.
From this description, the husband most definitely started the fight.
Okay, that has been established.
Why the husband wasn't arrested is a very serious question. Maybe we don't know what the husband did or said to avoid admitting to his 'crime.' Did he lie? Did he create a false situation which he only admitted to someone later? Does he have children? You said the wife is old so I'm assuming the husband is old as well? Is the situation resolved or what has happened to make sure the husband admits to his 'crime?'
There is no way a lying husband can get away with this type of 'crime' and steal all her belongings with a restraining order. This will all be revealed and the husband will be going to jail if he steals even one of his wifes' things... that is a law he will not squeak out of.
Continue contacting and I will address the information as I receive it.
Respectfully,
Human Rights Novelist
The Orchard Walk
El Dueck
No comments:
Post a Comment