Friday, August 28, 2026

Who Gave More?

 Today, I would like to talk about a conversation I once had with a person I went to church with. This person was always complaining about how much the leadership expected them to give... they were on a church board. These people are now in heaven so it is the perfect time to tell this story.

I, Elfrieda, was responsible for a family of five, every day, all day long, seven days a week. 

The person who would phone me to complain about how much they were giving... time, money, food, special event fundraisers... had grown children who were on their own and their health was good and they were doing quite well. Let's call these people 'couple.'

Let's call Elfrieda 'family.'

So, I explained giving this  way...

If couple gives 10% of their income in a month and, just as a example, let's say their income is $5,000.00 per month... 'Couple' has $4,500.00 to live on for month. (2 people)

If 'family' gives 10% of their income in a month and, just as a example, let's say their income is $2,200.00 per month... they have $1950.00 left to live on for the month. (5 people)

                    Who gave more?

In the next few posts I will address things like health, safety, and what makes it possible to earn a living and what makes it impossible to earn a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment