I put a new page on Pinterest on Friday... The Orchard Walk El Dueck
It's my old book, published at the end of 2012 but I put 2013 as the publication year as the printer was unsure of their ability to 'get it out by Christmas.'
It was definitely me, who put pictures of my work on Pinterest but, what I'm confused about is this... is Pinterest, Canada located in Ontario? Secondly, I had a lot of problems with Pinterest that night. I pinned 19 pictures and then another 20 or more but the system switched my pins to a 'painting, decorating' board and I couldn't get out of that board so I suppose they have glitches too.
So, I made the long journey to Winnipeg yesterday and I dropped off one of my novels.
My goal was to see my sons and grandsons but nobody was home. By August, I start getting winter ready. I worry about the cold. I try on capes with hoods. I think about my 'work supplies' and make sure I have enough to get through six long months of winter projects. Since moving so far away from Winnipeg, I make a habit of dropping off blankets and pillows to ward off the winter chill. I tried mailing one and I think it was only successful once and then packages came back, unopened, with RTS (return to sender) on them so I knew that wasn't a good way of trying to get something to my children.
I heard a man suggest that my blog was not helpful for psychology and I would, definitely, differ in my opinion of that.
Most people don't realize that psychology is just... problem solving... mostly relational issues and, for many, behavioural issues.
Many years ago I spent way too much time with a particular woman who talked and talked and talked about her family and I started feeling like I was her psychologist... because I was doing all the listening. Then one day she started telling people she had written my novel and that's when I knew I would really recommend she go see a psychologist who would, hopefully, help her with her delusion.
If anyone thinks that writing a historical fiction novel is easy or fast... it is a long researched project that, for me, took over three years to complete. When writing anything historical you check and cross- check and re- check information to see which facts match or line up enough to be considered factual. When my dearly deceased read my novel, he corrected me on a fact that he was familiar with, personally, because of his knowledge of the job. So, my novel maintains a living presence within my day to day to work.
I make blankets, a very creative demonstration of work mentioned within my novel.
So, let's live in the world of reality, at least to acknowledging your own work.
No comments:
Post a Comment