Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Telephone curse

If you knew how many people have told me that my phones don't work... it is almost unbelievable. So, last month I paid $120.00 for six months of phone service for one of my phones. One month later, when I tried to make a phone call, the nonsense message said I didn't have enough minutes to make a call. 

The next day I trudged back to the store and the same man who had sold me the $120.00 cash- six- month- service insisted that I had used data. Well, I don't ever use data on this phone because my eyes are not good enough to see anything on such a small screen so... I also thought I clearly stated that I only wanted talk and text on this phone so how do I then have a bunch of data charges? He showed me the screen and I thought... no blooming way that is my phone account. 

So, then I said... I never 'google' anything on my phone so can data be accessed if you don't have data on your account? That's when he showed me the screen of 'multiple' expensive charges. 

I looked at him with quite a bit of suspicion. I wonder if my phone service is as bad as the kers (curse) lake service... you know when you go to the lake and you curse the terrible phone service!

So, then he said, 'Give me another $20 dollars and then you'll get another month of service. Well, if I give him another $20 every month it's like paying double. 

Is it just me or do other people think 'small town rip- offs' are commonplace petty theft? I really hope that guy knows what he's doing. I can't afford this feeling of someone 'double- dipping.'

One more thing... since the button was turned off for the 'accidental data usage,' I can't send a text... it just bounces back and says 'not sent.'

Family note- could everyone make sure Scott isn't getting beat up by crazy relatives or anyone else. You can't believe the rumours coming this way. Neil, or Dave, or Ray, if you can find out if there is someone in Scott's life that has put a restraining order out on him, and his wife and his son. Someone said that a person they are not in good relationship with did that so I wouldn't come check to see if he is safe. You are good at investigating these things. I believe the person who did this, is likely wanting to hurt him and keeping people away from his house would be the perfect way to really do bad things. Don't you agree? Wouldn't that be something we call premeditated?

No comments:

Post a Comment