Thursday, February 14, 2019

My Day

On my stress- relieving drive, the first thing I thought would make a great photo today was this snow covered old fence... so, I saw a deer trail and thought I could probably follow it to get this shot... hmm, not as easy as you may imagine but with the first knee deep snow sinking I was determined to, at least, get the photo... 
then, this one turned out even better with a change of angle... same fence but so much more interest...
Then this tree caught my eye... mostly because of the way the snow makes it look alive even though it may not be... we'll see in spring.
If you notice the deer right in the middle of the photo... these caught my eye and looked very scary at first because they were kind of three together in a strange shape at first and when I got a better look at them I realized it was just trompe l'oeil... a trick of the eye... just three grazing together.
Then I thought this might be boring but, instead, it looks really majestic, in a way, with the vastness of the sky making a huge stand of trees look minuscule. 

This shot I chose for the way the front trees look wispy backed by the thick green ones behind them. Sometimes I am looking for ways to make trees when I create a quilt... always hard but a challenge I pursue.
 This one I took for the layered look as I was thinking of putting two cabins on one quilt and was trying to find a shot for layered, ascending perspective...
This cabin quilt I started last night... I only made the door last night and the wood roof peak work and window today... I'm liking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment