Friday, October 12, 2018

Safely and Knowledgeably

What a terrible day for my eyesight... most of this fine day. This is disheartening. Every now and then it would clear up and I would quickly skip out and run an errand. Have you ever just wanted one good man to put things aright and get things stable so you could do anything at all... something productive instead of just worrying about that? I surely have. Most of my time is spent paying close attention to what is happening around me... especially when I'm driving. I have to say... today some people got to go home and enjoy another day... that almost didn't. I saw a close call on the highway... wow... if that truck driver hadn't seen that car driving in his blind spot... just in time... that would have been something I would not have wanted to witness. As far as I could tell all the credit goes to the truck driver for swerving back just in time... with a double trailer that he was hauling... that was a bit of a miracle... not so easy to make sudden corrections with that kind of load, successfully. Even though I no longer have my Class 2 license,... I gave it up when the city made a mistake and sent me my license as if I only had a Class 5. I let it go seeing as I didn't think I would ever try to get a job driving larger vehicles again. The one thing that has been indispensable, though, from the training and learning that I took to get that license was knowing what a driver of larger vehicles can and cannot see when they are driving. Most people, on the road, don't have any idea that they are completely invisible to the transport truck driver when they are innocently yet ignorantly, meaning unknowingly, driving along right beside a large truck. Invisible. That is what a small vehicle is that is driving right next to a large truck when it is in the passing lane. People do not seem to know what a passing lane is for anymore either. If you don't intend to pass that large semi... why are you in that lane? This was my biggest observation of the day... and a real beef it is to me as well. Driving in someones' blind spot is a bad idea. Be aware and drive safely and knowledgeably.
So, keeping in time with this mornings' lonely, cold walk... the geese are all preparing for winter... many formations... all leaving for warmer climates...

No comments:

Post a Comment