Thursday, October 4, 2018

Perspective of Openness



Just woke up from a nap that felt so nearly impossible to wake up from. I've been getting over a cold and I felt like I had taken cold medication but I didn't... I guess I was enjoying the mild, outdoorsy smell of these roses I just splurged on today. Any outdoor scent that smells like the wind blowing through cotton on a wash-line is cathartic for me. I also like the hint of the smell of soil that the roses were grown in. Hard to get that country smell in the city but I try.
Enchanting
I love that word... only one time has a man used that word in a conversation with me... it takes a little self confidence, perhaps, to compliment a woman in this way. So, I chose two different colours today... one a little mystical and enchanting and another, totally opposite... big and sturdy. I buy flowers when I'm lonely... sometimes... not too often... flowers are pricey.
So, I've been hoping to find a Friday night Bible Study to get some social connections. This is hard to find. I've been jotting a lot of quotes down in my journal lately. Informative quotes from men who've been around the block a bit... they've got a few miles on them these fellas. I learned that some people make their living as communicators. When looking for work, it is often hard to define what I would like to do... I remember one man laughing, in a good way, when I told him what I was going to attempt and his words were, 
"Just tries anything!" 
He was amused at my moxie and I was surprised he saw me this way... a perspective of openness must have some benefits eventually... yes?

I was sent this a few years ago and thought it was worth sharing if you, like I, are trying to figure out what it is you contribute to the world on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment