Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wonderment

Every time I see a driveway like this... I will often stop and take a photo. I have this belief that there is just the right... job, partner, love,... whatever I am looking for... just around the corner. Just waiting... slightly in the hidden and yet accessible. I would probably be one of those people who is a bit more hopeful in the possibility of excitement, even a little, for the things I am looking for. Boredom sneaks up on me and nips at my heels like an annoying overly- yappy dog... my least favourite kind. Winter winds are howling today with the ominous promise of long, dark days and I feel intimidated already. The skies are grey-ish most days now so I know it is only a matter of time before the snow arrives. Currently, I'm reading a novel series that seems a bit more like world news than a novel with some surreal twists but not so surreal to the believing. Then I'm reading this small book called 'As a Man Thinketh' which is very informative for its size. Sometimes a well- crafted sentence can seem like a paragraph when one thinks on it. And a small paragraph that is well appointed to self judgement through the medium of understanding is worthy of thought for quite some time. I've heard some people say that the Bible is the only book that you don't judge... it judges you. But, I would say that an author that can write in a manner similar to this... as in this one paragraph I read last night... is a good, creative source of wordsmith challenge that bears the bend of perspective. If a person allows words to change them or is open to this manner of transformation... other books can do some of this work too... although I do appoint the Bible as being the most reliable source for consistent transformation.
Just as a bend in the road peaks my curiosity so it is with my endeavour to find my purpose each day. Some people have an overriding understanding of what their purpose is but I do not feel I have that right now.
So, I feel much like a bend in the road... wondering what's around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment