Sunday, November 18, 2018

Questioning

"My journey from here to there was lonely."
I've been traveling through an indescribably lonely phase of life trying to answer some life questions.
What is my passion?
What have I achieved?
What have I done uncommonly well?
How am I wired?
Where do I belong?
It is like lighting a candle in a dark room. The illumination is amazing... the darker the room. Maybe this is why the journey is so lonely. The deep questions that I seek to answer are supposed to guide the way to what I am to do and where.
I was told, recently, that I am good at giving. When I tried to find an article on how that particular gift fits with a job or paid position... I could not find any articles on that specific topic. I feel giftings and tasks need to come together for personal fulfillment, usefulness, and life satisfaction.
Sometimes I just do something creative and see how I can use it later. I'll take a picture of something that evokes warm feelings for me... a weathered wood and woodland berries wreath gives me a Christmas kind of feeling. I think it's the simplicity of the soul tugging barrenness of living through many Canadian winters that bears up the authenticity of endurance. I'm hoping to find solid answers to the questions above this next little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment