Sunday, March 21, 2021

Temporary

 How I wish there was something permanent to count on. I am making a temporary move... very difficult to make decisions when nothing has yet been decided. I suppose everyone lives one day at a time. Upheaval is the process of unexpected death.

When I was younger I found change to be easier and welcomed it and sought it out, at times. Created it as well. Now, I have found too much change to be, too much for me. Now I wish for a home, my home,... not a patch in. Hard to say if I will ever feel I have a home again. I hope to make my temporary stay as short as possible... and have been praying for a last minute rescue... a job that would be the opportunity to change the course. On a search I am.

Is it just me or has the letter 'x' become the most annoying letter of the alphabet? I think computers have created part of that annoyance. I mean, the letter 'x' used to mean close. Close that, close this, in computer language. I find that letter harsh... it seems unyielding and rigid and maybe a bully. It always seems to mean something negative. It stands for 'you got it wrong!' That pet peeve has been bothering me for a while and I chose today to write it into my daily digs. 

To the trauma of moving again... how do people do it when they get older... as I am!? What to keep? What to throw? I am looking for permanence. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment